Metric sales

Namdhari Group to target exports of 3,500 metric tons in FY23

Fresh fruits and vegetables

Namdhari’s Group, one of India’s leading agricultural production companies, plans to increase its export business from around 2500 MT in FY22 to 3500 MT in FY23. Namdhari’s has established its presence as a major player in quality seeds for international and domestic markets and fresh fruits and vegetables for export.

The company currently exports a range of fresh vegetables to Western Europe, Australia and the Middle East and will also be adding new products. With over 500 commercial seed varieties in 20 different crops under our belt, Namdhari’s Seeds develops hybrids that meet diverse market demands, match regional preferences and are also disease resistant and yield tasty products.

Today, Namdhari’s has seed production facilities spread across India. Namdhari Seeds has also extended its research and sales activities to Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, Southeast Asia and Middle Eastern countries. It is one of the few seed companies in India that has grown locally and expanded internationally.

“The domestic market contributes 75% of our income and the remaining 25% comes from exports. Total exports for the current fiscal year would be in the range of 2500 metric tons and we aim to increase this figure to 3500 metric tons in the coming fiscal year. Our biggest exports would be to Western Europe. All our products comply with the strict quality standards of the countries to which we export. A lot of our products make their way to supermarkets all over the world,” says Gurmukh Roopra, CEO of Namdhari Group.

“We have a packing station certified by APEDA for the export of vegetables and fruits, we are certified by the BRC and the FSSAI. Regarding the domestic market, we produce and process more than 200 tons of fresh fruits and vegetables per day. We work closely with dedicated farmers and also grow a variety of domestic and exotic crops on our own state-of-the-art farms across the country. We are the largest baby corn producer in India and grow out of season and exotic fruits and vegetables throughout the year. Crops like tomatoes, peppers, watermelon and melons have been a huge hit and have benefited thousands of farmers across the country. At one time, the seeds had to be sold under government supervision due to the huge demand. We have been able to achieve this success mainly through the indigenous breeding program, with most of the crop development programs being carried out in different parts of the country. » says Gurmukh Roopra, CEO of Namdhari Group.

Namdhari’s grows strawberries, blueberries, custom sized and seedless watermelons, a variety of melons, specialty vegetables like lettuce, mini vegetables, micro vegetables, orange-fleshed sweet potatoes, squash musk, a variety of tomatoes, squash, cucumber, pepper and okra among others. The company owns a 200-acre farm in Bidadi, near Bangalore, which houses the Namdhari R&D center.

The Namdharis R&D department houses laboratories for molecular biology, tissue culture and plant pathology. Additionally, the company has research and testing stations in different parts of the country. More than 30 scientists are employed in this department.

“India has become the second largest vegetable producer in the world and the seed industry has contributed immensely with genetically superior seeds. Among Indian companies, Namdhari Seeds is one of the largest sellers and exporters of vegetable seeds in the country. Many small growers benefit from growing our seeds. We provide technology for seed production in different regions of the country. Currently, more than 10,000 producers produce seeds for us, each producer will create employment for 5 to 10 people. Today, Namdhari’s is India’s only true seed-to-table company with an outward-looking approach and having operations in India, Indonesia, Thailand, Mexico, Turkey and Bulgaria. Not only do we produce fruits, vegetables and staples, but we also make them available to people through large-format retail stores, which include kitchens that prepare iconic delicacies for customers. Added Gurmukh Roopra.

Namdhari’s has 23 Namdhari’s Fresh stores and 8 Simpli Namdhari’s stores. As a concept, Namdhari’s Fresh stores are smaller in size, 1200-1500 square feet, with a limited assortment, correlating to how modern retail in India began.

The Namdhari Group aims to become a leading regional player in the state before expanding its operations to Hyderabad. The company is planning an investment of Rs. 50 crores in Hyderabad over the next 24 months to set up 5 Simpli Namdhari experience stores, cultivation facilities and Simpli Food standalone stores. The company also plans dairy subscriptions. Namdhari’s also had its own house brands which include a line of baked snacks, a line of less fried snacks, ready-to-go foods, ready-to-cook foods at home, and a line of dairy products. products including milk.